Wednesday, August 19, 2015

How to stop disconnecting Wi-Fi when locking a MAC.

Hi All,

I've been experiencing an issue where the Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting when I lock my screen on my MacBook. I found the following solution to keep it up always.

Find the network interface for Wi-Fi.

Use the "ifconfig" command to find the network interface. It would most probably be "en0" or "en1".

Disable disconnecting.

Run the following commands. In the 2nd command, make sure you use the correct network interface found in the earlier step. Running the following commands may ask for the password. If so, please provide.

cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/Current/Resources
sudo ./airport en1 prefs DisconnectOnLogout=NO

And thats all. Wi-Fi should be connected even if the screen is locked.

References...

[1] - http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/71884/wi-fi-disconnects-when-i-lock-the-mac

No comments:

Post a Comment